Founded in 1929, Heinen’s is a premier grocery store chain noted for its quality products and outstanding customer service. Thriving under the third generation of proven family leadership, Heinen’s operates 23 stores (19 in Cleveland, Ohio and 4 in Chicago, Illinois), three distribution and food production facilities, and a corporate office. Culturally, we place a heavy emphasis on quality of life for every associate within the organization. We offer this through a competitive compensation package, professional development and leadership opportunities, paid time off, and balanced work schedules.
Provides world class customer service, consults with and educates customers on wellness product purchases, maintains stock and rotation of merchandise in the Wellness Resource Center.
- Provides customers with prompt and courteous service
- Supports clients learning how to make healthy choices for themselves
- Stocks shelves and displays and keeps them clean, full and properly rotated at all time
- Creates displays within the wellness department
- Work with grocery management to merchandise products within the department
- Orders product for the wellness department, maintains inventory control and controlling shrink
- Handles returns and damaged products according to policies and procedures
- Maintains a safe and clean environment
- Plans and coordinates in-store seminars and kid’s wellness events
- Engages in community events as needed
- Meets ongoing professional development, training and development requirements
Qualifications / Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant wellness degree program preferred
- At least 2 years-experience in retail or wellness operations preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Good communication skills. Good organizational skills
- Personal resilience and Self-Confidence
- Exhibits enthusiasm, respect, adaptability, flexibility, and spirit of cooperation
- Demonstrates ways to become empowered and self-responsible
- Demonstrates ability to work with consumers with diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Use Microsoft Office software, the Internet, fax service and other applicable software
- Travel to other Chicago store locations and Cleveland for business meetings
- Must be willing to work the non-traditional five day work schedule, including Saturday, Sunday and some evenings, when necessary.
To Apply Go to: https://www.heinens.com/Home/About-Us/Careers
Heinen’s, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.